Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reading




Well, I have been in a bit of a funk the last few weeks and have been unable to concentrate on anything that I really love doing--like reading. Right now I am in the middle of re-reading Pillars of the Earth (something I tried to read again in order to pull me in and make me read) and The Lovely Bones. So far, I am enjoying Lovely Bones so it has kind of pulled me in, and have set aside the other. Let's hope I can finish it. What I need is a book that drags me in no matter what I have to do and makes me hate for it to end. You know, like Kite Runner, Water for Elephants, and so many more that Jenny P and I have read over the years and loved so much that we have shared them with each other and others. So IF you know of any, PLEASE respond by letting me know the title and author because I am at a loss.




I am attaching a couple more pictures from Track and Field Day because I hate a pictureless post. It just looks so sad and lonely :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

did you read the Prince of Tides? Or the Generals Daughter? Or Peony in Love? I re read Prince of Tides probably no less than 6 times. There are so many more but i just can't think. I LOVED all of the Waiting to Exhale books by Tony Morrison ( I think that's her name and I know it's not a series). I read them all a couple of times.

Love the pictrues of my girls:)

Mimi said...

Have you read "The Book Thief?" or I agree with "Peony in Love" (remember it is a fairy tale) or her other book, "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan".