Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Avatar, Picnic, and Life (Picture Heavy)

Before all the other info starts, here are some pics I liked from the zoo. This first pic is my mom Sierra, and Anthony. Mom is telling Sierra to pretend like she is surfing. What....I like kissing turtles. Who doesn't? You should have seen all the looks I was getting. People thought I was dumb I think.
Maddy on Mr. Turtle too.
Shawn and Hannah on Mr. Turtle. I think Hannah has the whole "that's how I role" look going on. I love it.

We let Michael bring his friend DJ with us becuase we wanted him to have someone his age. They are posing all silly with the statue in the zoo.

Friday night, the girls, big Michael, and I watched Avatar after we had home made loaded baked potato soup and salad for dinner. They were also allowed to have icecream after. I don't care who says what about this movie, but I really liked it--as did my husband and my girls. It is not my job to care what others think, so again...I don't care. Saturday night all of us (little Michael too) went to Jennifer's house for dinner. We had a wonderful time and she even made me a small version of her lasagna that was vegetarian with LOTS of cheese and mushrooms. If I ever make it, I will ask for her recipe and then add baby spinich too. YUMMY. It was seriously one of the best I have had and that is a big deal. We also had this green bean dish that she makes that I have had at her house before and loved enough that I have made it at home myself. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Then today (Sunday) we had a big Picnic at Micke Grove Park with a lot of my family. My cousin Windy is moving to Oregon with her boyfriend and we wanted to have a get-together before she left. It was a beautiful day and we had a ton of fun. The picture above is me with my grandma. I love her soooooo much.
This picture if my Uncle Jeff, his kids, their spouses, and his grandchildren. Windy is the blond one and her new man is the guy in the green. This is Windy's first serious relationship and she is 32. My cousin Tina is the other woman in the group. She and I are the same age. In fact, she is two months younger. We were very close when we were young, but have grown apart as we have gotten older.

Here is a new picture of Chunk (aka Neil Jr and Vanessa's son Gian) He is SOOOOO cute! His chunk also way out does another chunky La Rue that I know.

Here is a picture of my sweet heart and I. I took it myself. I am really bad at that so the picture of me sucks but he...well he is cute :)

I chose this picture because I just really liked it. My mom and Big Micheal really get along well and love each other very much. Given that I know a ton of people who hate their inlaws, I feel very fortunate. Well, there is all you should know about our very busy weekend. I should have been stressed but honestly...it was a good (although) busy weekend and I had fun. Soooo Please respond on the Blog. I like to know people actually read it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love all the pictures! I see you put one of my man up there...he's looking fine...

The girls (and that boy) look cute! Such beautiful girls:) That boys friend looks like an adult.
all zoo statues look the same. I should find one of me on a bronzed animal at the zoo!

I love your moms top - super cute! Love you! Jenny P

Jennifer said...

oh and I like chunk babies. Didn't used to till I had my own. They are so huggable and yummy.

Mimi said...

Great photos!!! How warm and sunny Micke's Grove looks already!
And, your grandmother looks fabulous!
Best wishes to your cousin on her move.